Sunday 10 February 2008

Abbey Park

Since leaving the fair city of Leicester as few years since this has been my second visit to Abbey Park in the last 12 months. I took Jed for a ride on the train and to see Pets Corner etc.. so it was a pleasant surprise to see a few good birds. Long Tailed Tits were everywhere and I also managed Green Woodpecker and a couple of Nuthatch. Most unusual however were 8 Wigeon (4 drakes 4 females) near the weir. Also nearby were Cormorant, Grey Heron and several bona fide wild Greylag Geese (honest). Another noticebale inhabitant were mines on just about every Holly bush of the fly Phyotmyza ilicis

2 comments:

davidearlgray said...

Hi Russ,have you been suppressing LEO's in north-west Leicestershire?!
Dave Gray ;-)

Russ Malin said...

I'm not sure of the exact dictionary definition of suppression but I think you have to have seen it to suppress it...which I ain't, apart from earlier in the year when half the county caught up with them. In fact I'm not 100% sure who has seen it lately but I think it may be one of the wardens. Me, suppress...How very dare you..........