Saturday 8 March 2008

Book and stuff

The publishers have emailed the opening chapters of the book today, complete with images and I have to say that I'm really quite pleased with the layout. It's a difficult thing to try and visualise when you are writing away but it looks the mutts nuts - Even though I do say so myself. Still a bit weird having my name on their with the likes of Dominic Couzens. I'm not worthy etc.. etc..

I'm lending a helping hand to an online newsletter for the Back Garden Moths website which co-incidentally Simon Wantling also sent me the first draft of. Mutts nuts volume two....It looks really good. Simon is very excited about the development of the newsletter and I'm really happy to have a small part to play. The second issue will be available early March and you can get to it via the website - See links page. I've kinda replicated the article I did that was published in Atropos (Number 27) plus a little site guide to the mecca that is Wicken Fen and possibly something else by way of an ID workshop. Please check it out....

2 comments:

The Drunkbirder said...

What's the book Russ?

Russ Malin said...

I was approached back in November to contribute to the Complete Illustrated Encyclopdia of British Birds plus a few scribbles for a companion version for the States. Good fun but bloody time consuming......