Friday 5 September 2008

Knighton Park

I noted on the LROS website a record of a Hobby at Knighton Spinney yesterday. I took the family over there at the weekend for a picnic and a wander round and it brought back a lot of memories. Rob Gill used to live (his mum still does) adjoining the park and the legend that is 'The Milky Bar Kid' just around the corner. Those two spent hours birding on the park, along with Dave, and I joined them on a fairly regular basis. It was one of THE BEST places to see Lesser Spotted Woodpecker in its day and also had a resident pair of Sparrowhawks. I remember Jack Snipe being up in the corner near the racecourse one winter and Rob having Red Legged Partridge and Redstart as garden ticks. Happy days.............

2 comments:

The Drunkbirder said...

Does anyone watch the park much anymore I wonder?

Russ Malin said...

Not sure to be honest. There was a report awhile back of a flyover Manx following some rough weather but other than that I never hear of anything.....