Sunday 28 December 2008

Bird Atlas 2007-11

Finally managed to get out and visit my tetrad for my first winter survey. Only an hour visit but some good species. A good number of Linnet plus Jay, Bullfinch and Coot on one of the small ponds (the pond was barely larger than the bird itself!!). Despite the mainly farmland habitat the tetrad was strangely devoid of Pheasant, Stock Dove or even House Sparrow. Look forward to the next visit. Thanks to Andy Smith for finding the two Whooper Swan on the reservoir this morning. A Thornton tick no less..........

6 comments:

The Drunkbirder said...

You lot kept the Whoopers quiet!

Russ Malin said...

I dont have your mobile but did text Dave Gray - Honest !!

The Drunkbirder said...

I'll have a word with Mr Gray!!

The Drunkbirder said...

Is it ok for Dave to pass on your mobile number and then I'll add you to my rare bird text alert. Whoopers wouldn't normally get on unless they were firsts of the year or somewhere easy.

Russ Malin said...

Feel free. No problems. There are separate reports that both birds were actually Bewicks but not in my book.....That said my views weren't perfect. I guess we'll never know?????

davidearlgray said...

Hi Russ,I have sent John your mobile number now!
Happy New Year mate.