Tuesday 3 March 2009

Leicester Young Birdwatchers Club

As many will know back in the 1980's (although it started off life in the 70's)there was an organisation that went by the above name. The club is now sadly no more but for many years was run by one Barry Raine. I have lots and lots of fond memories of the club and it gave me my first experience of Scilly, Norfolk, Spurn, Portland Bill and Dungeness. Not to mention numerous birds and introducing me to many people whom I am still good friends with now. Chris Hubbard is organising a reunion this summer (June 28th is pencilled in). This coincides with the return to the UK of former chairman of the LYBWC, Andrew Featherstone, from a retirement home somewhere in South Africa :)

If by any chance somebody reading this was a member and would like more information then please get in touch. I can be contacted at thorntonmothman@yahoo.co.uk

No comments: