Sunday 27 September 2009

Rosefinch - Catch of the Day

Well, what can I say......A call from Andy's missus, Paula, Saturday morning telling me to get my arse to their house but no reason why. I couldn't as I had the kids so Andy kindly dashed up with this beauty in his ringing bag. I had no idea what to expect when he pulled it out (oh-er) and all I could come up with was a bumbling comment about a dwarf Corn Bunting!!! A quick thumb through Collins soon confirmed Andy's opinion (not that we really needed to)and it's now technically on my garden list as well!! Bonus. Cheers mate, excellent find......

3 comments:

The Drunkbirder said...

Bloody lazy twitcher!

Russ Malin said...

Bloody lazy yes, twitcher no not any more. Amazing to think in Thornton we cant get a chinese or a pizza delivery to our door only curry and county firsts !!

The Drunkbirder said...

I wouldn't thank for a Chinese anymore, except for the disgusting curries that I can't resist, it's all MSG madness. If it's pizza you want get yourself and the Tossers down to the Crit!