Friday 25 January 2008

Water Rail (AARRGGHH!!!)

Andy had crippling views of Water Rail last night at Thornton Reservoir. He kindly phoned me to give me precise viewing instructions as this is my all time Thornton bogey bird. Sadly it wasn't light enough before I left for work this morning but I'll be down there tomorrow at first light to try and break my duck (well, rail)

I'm having a steady response of acceptances to my 40th (yeah, I know I only look in my late 20's) this week. Rather than a lavish party I'm clearing off to the Brecks and having a night near Wicken Fen. Hopefully we'll be able to trap but just awaiting official confirmation. It'll just be good to visit this mecca of moths......Mark Skevington is being very helpful in some background info and whetting my appetite. The other close friends on this weekend probably won't share my enthusiasm but tough shit, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to !!!!

No comments: